5thirty

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Listen to this!

I thought today was going to be another typical day at the store. My favorite part of my job is helping the customers out, chatting with them, figuring out what they would like if they go so far as to ask my opinion on the clothes they choose. But ofcourse, there are also those that don't want any help, there are all types. Today though, I assisted one of my favorite customers so far.

I greeted a guy in his mid-twenties that entered the store, like I do with most people who visit, and he responded quite nicely to my greeting, "Hi, I'm looking for something to buy for a 22-year old girl, I put my trust in any advice you could give me on what I should choose. Can you help me?" How sweet is that, I thought. A GUY was going SHOPPING with NO IDEA what to get for a girl, but was doing it anyway for his girl. So i helped him out, at first i thought it was a huge responsibility; sweet guy choosing something for his girl, I couldn't make any mistakes, it should be perfect. So I asked him for some kind of lead, what was her style, what did he have in mind/what would he like to get her. And then I showed him what would be good to get for spring, new 'happier' colors than those of the winter collection, what material would be suitable for the weather, etc. To start, I showed him what we had for the spring-summer collection. skirts, capri pants, jeans, some really cool and some really pretty tops. Then he pointed to a pair of capris. Great I thought, we have a starting point! "And her size?" I asked him. "I don't know" he said. The more unsure he was of what he was doing, the sweeter the whole thing was! So we figured out her size, from the body type she had that he descried to me. After looking at what there was of the things he wanted to see, we finally found a pair that he liked. It was a khaki-colored pair of capris, with pockets in the side, and a red hooded top. It was really cute I think, and he basically picked the top out himself, so that's even nicer, coz it's his choice. He got a set of cool, comfy, easy-going clothes for what he painted in my mind to be an easy-going chick. "If she likes it, i'll tell her I picked it, and if she doesn't, ill tell her it was the girl from the store that chose it!" Well, what do you know, he also had a sense of humor!

I took it to the cash register, and gift-wrapped it for im. "I'm going to be late!" He said. It was almost perfect, he went out and bought quite a difficult gift for a guy to get for his girl, 10 points for effort on that one! And then I said to him as I placed the package in a bag, "If all guys got gifts for their girls like you did, there would be many happy girls in the world." And then he said something which I wasn't sure what I would make of, "I hope this one lasts."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home