5thirty

Friday, December 08, 2006

Semplang

Today was the third day of the 'puente', a five-day weekend created by last wednesday's and today's holiday that's left Barcelona virtually empty. It's funny to see a big city suddenly missing out on people.

I have to say though, the long weekend is a good excuse to break the everyday routine of class-review-library that's been going on for 4 months now. Took time to do my own thing, been getting back to doing an old hobby, went out for drinks and at a live music bar, got acquainted with 'Catalan Rock'.

Today's plan was to spend the day out at the Forum, check out the city's plans for urban development in the next ten or so years, and just take a nice, quiet ride on my bike. I took my time to wake up today, did a few things, got on my bike, the day was going great-until it rained. Strangely enough, it's just starting to get cold, and the rains are just beginning. So I turned and hurried back home, pedalled as fast as I could, went up our street, crossed at the intersection, turned up the sidewalk, all in one rapid movement on the slippery wet pavement, and next thing I knew I was on the ground. Aray.

My beautiful day had turned completely upside-down. Next thing I knew, I was painfully walking alongside my bike, with a bruised shin, wet with rain. What to do now?

Know what it's like when you wake up in the morning, look out the window and see the sky's really blue and you just wana go out and do something (ok, i'm a morning person....)? Well, today was somethign like that except te skies was a bright off-white, looking unsure if it wants to turn bright blue or black within the next two seconds. I still was eager to get out and do something, so I did, and i was back home before i knew it, stuck at home with nothing to do...and worse of all, extremely restless. So restless doing little things to make up for 'my day outside' is just driving me crazy.

Finally now, i've been able to wind down and do something with my time that keeps my mind busy-so i'm writing. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day...i'll get up again in the morning, and try again, maybe ill have a little more luck, and some blue skies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home