5thirty

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2:17 am

I don't normally stay up till this time in the morning for no reason, which is probaly why it feels strange (but nice) that im having my second breakfast muffin and orange juice.

My mind is all over the place; everywhere but here in my room, in my bed where its supposed to be.

The test that is to give me my license is coming up in two weeks. The slow, exhausting process of gathering information and studying is hopefully about to end.

I just found a job! Part time, but it will pay rent and feed me till i find a real one. The 'next big thing' has started. My brother was excited about it...he gets to keep my room at home. As for me, i'm just happy and eager to get started with life here. I sleep better at night now too(ok, not tonight...but you know what I mean) knowing I will am employed again. It would also be cool to loosen up with the budget a bit and not think too much when I go grocery shopping.

I have a new set of people to add to my list of long-distance relationships, this evening, I spoke to my mom, dad, brothers, and even the dog through skype. What i might hear through a conversation while preparing meals or at the dinners are all summed up for me now through email or a skype conversation. Oh well, we can't have everything, we want, can we?

I started reading a book about China, "Todo Bajo El Cielo" (All Under Heaven), a novel about a spanish woman from Paris who goes to China to fetch her late husband's remains and discovers this new whole other world. It would be interestig to see a Spanish view of the East. Meanwhile, a part of me is awakened, a part of me that once called that world home. The person i was, the person I am now, has evrything to do with that place, how will i fare in this part of the world coming from where i come from? How are the people I left back home? Yes, I know, these are not exactly the best things to ponder on especially when you're trying to settle in a new place, but I can't help it, I've never listened to so much Filipino music, and it just feels so good to speak Tagalog when you have the chance. I hope this doesn't fade.

I'm looking at a blank canvas, paintbrush in hand, paint tubes infront of me. Now toget started with the painting! I can't wait to get my hands dirty.

I guess I should go now, take my mind back from my books, my new job, home (And for heaven's sake, China!) and take it to bed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

China para nosotros es muy misteriosa, muy "oriental"... Pero quizás lo más desconocido realmente sea el orden de magnitud que implica no solo China, sino todo Asia. Abarca tanto, es tan grande todo lo que envuelve esta parte del mundo, que es capaz de disuadir la curiosidad de muchas personas. Por eso por aquí frecuentemente te encontrarás ideas falsas e imágenes erroneas de Asia. Te pido disculpas por ello Monica!

Estoy muy contento por tu nuevo trabajo. Espero que te guste el sitio y tus compañeros/as y no te preocupes que ya te vendremos a visitar de vez en cuando ;)

Por cierto, mucha mucha mucha muchísima suerte para tus examenes!!! Aunque estoy seguro de que no la necesitas porque has estudiado de sobras para aprobar, y con buena nota.

Ah, and don't worry about your room. You'll be a great architect from Barcelona soon, and you will be able to design your own new room with all the best design, spaces, materials, people, dreams and illusions. Hope you'll be happy anyway ;)

2:03 AM  
Blogger 5thirty said...

Hey Jordi!
Nice to see you at my blog :)
Bueno, por lo de China, para que tengas una idea mas clara de como es, tienes que ir a visitarlo! Yo, como soy de este parte del mundo, no hay tanto misterio en ello, pero por lo que veo, es un mundo bastate especial.
Thanks for all the encouragement, i hope i dont let you down-we'll celebrate with a mongolian barbecue anyway when it's over, whatever happens!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home